(1) About cookies
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
(2) Cookies on this website
The cookies we use fall into 4 categories:
These cookies are necessary to help you access, navigate and utilise the Website. Without these cookies, the Website would not function properly and you would not be able to use certain important features. You are unable to block or delete these essential cookies as they are crucial for you to access and use the Website.
These cookies help us understand how you use the Website and how we can improve your experience on it.
Advertising and social networking cookies
These cookies help ensure that the advertisements you see on the Website are as relevant to you as possible.
Third party cookies
When you visit the Website, some cookies will be placed by third parties. These enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the Website (e.g. like interactive content and analytics). We do not place these cookies on the Website and so suggest that you look at those third parties’ websites for more information about the cookies they place and how you can manage them.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our Website;
(2) to track you as you navigate our Website;
(3) to improve the Website’s usability;
(4) to analyse the use of our Website;
(5) in the administration of this Website; and
(6) to personalise our Website for you, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
(4) Third party cookies
When you use our Website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our advertisers/service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
(1) to track your browser across multiple websites;
(2) to build a profile of your web surfing; and
(3) to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
(5) How can I control cookies?
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use some features on this Website and your experience on the Website may be limited.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites. If you delete cookies, you will not be able to use some features on this Website and your experience on the Website may be limited.
Finally, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit any of
- the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out Page: www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, or
- the Interactive Advertising Bureau of Europe’s opt-out page: http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
(6) Contact us
If you have any questions about our cookies or this Website Cookies Policy, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post Portelet Care, 36 Wilcot Close, Bisley, Surrey GU24 9DE.